A call center software helps agents communicate better through one-on-one conversation, with supporters and voters. It helps in collecting data on supporters and bring in data points from CRMs for personalized phone conversations with people.
Most call center softwares make outgoing calls through predictive dialers and power dialers. They also provide features like location-based caller ID along with tools to monitor performance like live analytics, detailed reporting on calling campaigns, computer telephony integration (CTI), and live-call monitoring.
Outside of independent political calling softwares, you can also find full-scale campaign management solutions in the market such as NGP VAN that help you manage emails, social media and other communication channels along with phone calls.
A software that fits your needs
Not knowing what to look for while choosing your call center can be daunting. Choose a software that does not harm your pocket, which offers the services you are looking for, help you scale and fits well with your campaign.
For example, if your volunteers opt to work from home, while on vacation or from a working space, you will need a virtual call center software. This will help you manage your team by providing options for managers to monitor calls in real-time. Features like live-call monitoring, a live analytics dashboard, unlimited agent accounts, and advanced survey tools goes a long way toward improving agent productivity.
An ideal software will include:
- Calling through web-based screens
- Alternative numbers to make calls from any region
- Broadcasting of pre-recorded messages
- IVR (Interactive voice response)
- Plenty of options for managers with good administration tools
What to look for in a call center?
Your call center software has to be integrated with popular campaigning or business tools. This helps you share data across integrated platforms. Now, everything you save on your call center software is synced with your CRM.
Popular campaigning tools: NationBuilder, NGP VAN, and Blue Star Digital.
Popular business tools: Shopify, Zapier, and Salesforce.
Campaigns vary in sizes and its needs keep changing. During GOTV efforts, agents will have to contact tens and thousands of individuals daily. You need a software that will help you scale up with ease. Scalability means the software is able to handle sudden surges in call and caller (agent) volume while maintaining excellent up-time (i.e no breaks in service).
The questions you need to ask while dealing with software scalability is: Can the software handle call volume?
Look for features like:
- Multi-region connectivity and alternative phone numbers. With this feature, you can carry out the campaign from any region
- Look for a software that does not put a limit on agent accounts
- Provide alternate connection options for when the internet is unavailable
- Has advanced survey tools to do away with pen and paper
The right dialer
Dialers come with different functions and use, pick the one that suits your campaign. Look for a software that provides you with multiple dialer options so you can shift based on need.
The different dialers are:
- Predictive dialer uses metrics to predict the right time when an agent will be free to take the next call. It speeds up and slows down the dialing rate to maximize the agent talk time and minimizes drop rate. Such a dialer works best for large campaigns.
- Power dialer is an automated dialer for agents who don’t have to be rushed. It skips busy and no answer calls. You can also set the dialing rate.
- Preview dialer gives agents time to research the contact before dialing. It is a flexible dialer which gives agents control over who to call and when to call.
While considering price, there a few things to keep in mind. Look for a software that provides you with all you need to run an effective phone bank campaign and provides you with tools. Ask about prices per minute, call and charges per phone number. If you’re running a small campaign look for a software that does not charge subscription fees and is not all that expensive.
Ease of use
Once you’ve narrowed down to a few good softwares based on dialer options, scalability, and features, test it on the bases for ease of use. The last thing you want is an incredible software that is difficult to use. To make sure you’ve found the right one, test drive it.
While choosing a software, remember the aforementioned points. These pointers will make the dreadful task of picking the right solution easy. If you have questions related to call center software reach out to us at [email protected]Tags: Call Center, political calling